Hotels in Dubai
With every passing day, and every new hotel that opens in Dubai, the competition to grab the traveler’s dollars gets harsher and harsher. The elusive questions: which are the best hotels in Dubai? Which are the most expensive hotels in Dubai? Which Dubai hotels have deals? Which hotels in Dubai are the cheapest? We won't list the cheap deals here, but we do have a budget list of hotels to help you. And you can search for th best deals in Dubai below. More importantly, we want to help you find the best hotel in Dubai that matches your individual need. With so many hotels and so many different tastes and price points, it is extremely difficult to pick the best hotels in Dubai, because the hotels in Dubai are the best hotels in the UAE and the best in the region. Yes, the best of the best! Indeed, the very best hotels in Dubai are world class and sometimes it is difficult to differentiate from the very best hotels due to their very high ratings. Everyone has their favourites from the various 5 star hotels (and sometimes 6 star and 7 star!), and some hotels have always been common to the top ten, but this is starting to change. It is now more difficult than ever before to pick those top ten and identify the best hotels in Dubai. As niches develop with the obvious volume of hotels on the market, Dubai starts to cater for everything that the traveler might want, and no doubt this will create further lists as time goes by. Alternative to a straight review of the Dubai hotels, we have provided our picks and invite you to review the hotels yourselves to pick what might suit your own needs, and thus we have provided links to the relevant website. You can search through all the deals using the search box below which compares prices of all the deals. Everyone’s review is different, but we believe that our picks below will have many of the best in peoples top 10, as well as those that people will vehemently disagree with. In addition to our top 10 hotels in Dubai, we have an alternative top 10 that will help in pointing to a direction for some extra research and reviews into some of the other types of hotel that are available in Dubai - these are also best hotels but best in certain ways, best for culture, best for having a great beach experience etc. Some from the alternative top 10 are a lot cheaper than those that appear on the bona fide list, but the fact that they are cheaper in price, doesn't mean that they are cheap in quality - they are just something to consider given how expensive the rates are. And just to balance things out we have provided a list of top 10 business hotels and top 10 budget hotels. Our budget hotels are a lot cheaper - as they should be - but whilst they are not necessarily the best in class, they are a lower standard, but are pitched as 2 star, 3 star or 4 star. The business hotels, you will find have a big overlap with the all the other hotels listed elsewhere, and that is indicative of Dubai. It's a city that caters for tourists as well as business travellers. Whether you are looking at luxury or budget – or simply want to review the best, we hope that you will find what you need from here. If you wish to suggest changes to this list, or want to comment on our review,or indeed give your own review of Dubai hotels, please do comment on the blog or contact us directly. We intend this list to be a continuous work in progress. Remember, these hotel choices are personal ones so please research thoroughly before you book your own hotel. Whether you are researching your hotels online before you book, or reviewing the hotels that you are trying to get on discount, this is the first place for you to start your review. We have tried to provide some clarity, so we hope you enjoy the crazy world of the "Hotels in Dubai"!.
The Best 5 Star Hotels in Dubai 2010-2011
Top 10 Hotels in Dubai
What one needs to bear in mind with the luxury hotels in Dubai, is that they are a different class of hotel and provide the best quality and service on a par with some of the best hotels in the world. All of the 5 star hotels in Dubai guarantee that quality - so much so that they call themselves 7 star hotel! While you may not agree with our version of the top ten hotels in Dubai, one this is for sure, these respresent some of the best and most luxurious hotels, and cover the best beach hotels and city hotels. The hotels in this part of the world are a funny breed. Just when you think you know which are the best Dubai Hotels, new ones seem to spring up out of nowhere, and this seems to have been happening since the 90s. There are projects that are coming to fruition soon, but we don't think these will merit being on this list. These are the best of the best Dubai Hotels (5 star, 6star, 7 star or otherwise!), in our eyes:
1. Grosvenor House Hotel Dubai
- the Grosvenor Hotel Dubai is high end, classy and proper bling without going over the top - the service here is impeccable. And what else would you expect from the Grovesnor? As a brand it is high end, as a building it has style and panache - and will impress either on business or a potential spouse! You can't go wrong with this one. Consistently exceeds expectations and the one hotel that wins without bragging about the superlatives. The Grapeshisha Best Hotel in Dubai for 2010 and 2011 is the Grosvenor Dubai- and for all the right reasons. Surprised? Yes - but ignoring the fact that there is no beach on site (you share down the road), this hotel is the best Dubai hotel because they anticipate your every move. Now that's service.
- love it or loathe it, this is the icon of Dubai, gold everywhere and the one place which will get an eyebrow raise when you tell your family and friends where you stayed. It doesn’t claim 7stardom for nothing. It was once the tallest hotel in the world and thus the tallest hotel in Dubai. Althought no longer the tallest hotel, it sits apart from the other tall hotels more central to Dubai. Either way, the consensus is split. Some think this is the best hotel in Dubai. We think that if you have the money, this is one of the best hotels in Dubai - and that those who think not are probably a little jealous. If Dubai was a hotel, it would be the Burj Al Arab. Consistently expensive, but service is to the maximum with your own personal butler - and not Benson.
- the hotel that everyone is talking about Atlantis Hotel Dubai - it’s on the Palm, it’s crazy, it’s everything - it’s what Dubai is all about. This is the hotel that everyone is interested in - and the one that pipped Jumeirah Beach Hotel for the one to be seen at in the area. It had fireworks that were potentially better than the Olympics and it's certainly a hotel that you can show off about. You don't have to stay here to swim with the dolphins, but staying here may mean that you won't want to venture to see the rest of Dubai - Atlantis the Palm Dubai will be your Dubai holiday. This hotel is always full, and not necessarily due to full on demand - there are a heap of Atlantis Dubai Deals that you will find pushes the price down, and because the hotel is so huge, this hotel needs to run a slick operation. And it does. Apart from the hoards of tourist who come and visit all day and night, this hotel is fantastic. Away from the public areas, the hotel is great - and many can see Dubai's best restaurant at just this one hotel. This is probably best Dubai hotel for families, especially if you can steal a deal which is all inclusive. And if Emirates are not offering, you are probably equally likely to get a hotel only deal and then cherry pick flights into Abu Dhabi, for example.
- The Residence - The Royal Mirage Hotel Dubai appears to have the staying power that some of the others may not have. Maybe it is the one and only? Some say the name is arrogant - we say that there is only one one and only....although there may be more to come! Even if you don't stay at the Residence, and maybe stay at the palace, or the arabian court - it's certainly a great place to stay, but perhaps a little older than some of the others. Don't let that put you off. Dubai is a young city! The Residence at the Royal Mirage Hotel Dubai is certainly great. Staying here is relaxing and exquisite.
You want exclusivity and you have the bank balance of a king, deposed dictator or drug baron, this is where you stay. Malakiya Villas, Madinat Jumeirah would be our number one in the top 10 but for its exclusivity - it's too difficult for any to book a room - which is the biggest complaint. You need some serious wasta to get in here because Malakiya Villas is booked forever. Surprising for some that we have sonme much priase for such a hotel - because many will never have heard of it. Unsurprising, because it the most exclusive hotel in Dubai, without over stepping the glam. Don't even think about trying to book this one, because you won't be able to. If you are not famous, and do manage to book, let us know.
- the Park Hyatt is all about understated luxury for those who want the finer things in life. Try calling for room service at 2 in the morning and you will receive the same level of quality as at 2 in the afternoon. The Hyatt is a brand that is up there with the best, and this hotel certianly proves it. Great hotels are understated - and this is one of those secret hotels that can quietly go unnoticed but consistently deliver. Of course this hotel is not a secret, with one of the best restaurants, Traiteur, within its grounds, but the Park Hyatt Dubai is another option in a fantastic and growing list of 5 star hotels in DUbai
The Armani Hotel Dubai
- Without even trying, the Armani Hotel makes it into our top 10 of best hotels in Dubai. Why? For simply being cool. The Armani Hotel is the coolest hotel in Dubai. You are in the tallest building in the world, albeit not at the top, and it's Armani. Obviously, you won't like this hotel or agree with the rave reviews if you don't like Armani. This hotel was all hype when it launched, but it doesn't disappoint.
Madinat Jumeriah - Dar Al Maysaf
- If you can’t quite afford to stay at Malakiya Hotel in Dubai or even get a room there, Dar Al Maysaf is the hotel where you should stay at Madinat. In fact, Mina A Salam and Al Qasr are all top class but Dar Al Maysaf made it into our top ten. Believe it when we say that Madinat on its own is enough for a holiday in its own right. It brings the aura of Middle Eastern authenticity and class without appearing portentious.
- For the view alone onto the beaches, this makes it into our top 10 hotels in Dubai. But, that said, this hotel excels in all areas and lives up to the Ritz Carlton name. One can only wait for how good the new Ritz Carlton in DIFC will be. You want luxury? You want the Ritz Carlton! A great hotel in Dubai and one not to be sniffed at. And of all the hotels in Dubai Marina, this one stands out.
- Great rooms, great style, and a great view give the Shangri-La the last spot in our top 10. Just like all the Shangri-la's in the world there is an air of modernity, that fits into any city that it is in. Along with the Fairmont hotel Dubai, this is one of the best hotels on the Sheikh Zayed Road and thus very well placed for being where you need to be in a Dubai that is ever changing. You know the level of quality you are getting with the Shangri-la hotel in Dubai and that's why it is in our top ten hotels.
We hope that you agree with our review of Dubai hotels and that you are able to pick one of these fine establishments to satisfy your break. Of course, these are luxury - and thus come with a price, but using our comparison prices you will be able to get the best rate from the multiple suppliers we compare. We very much value your views and would love to hear from you. If you have stayed at one of the above 10 and had an experience that didn't meet what you expected, the please do shoot us a line. Equally, if you feel that a hotel needs to be included for review for 2011 to 2012 please do let us know. It was very tricky getting down to this list and as you can see from the site, we have had to make multiple list of Dubai Hotels. We hope that you are able to find your ultimate break, because if Dubai was good for only one thing, it would be luxury. Have fun - and get pampered!