Cheap Hotels in Abu Dhabi are few and far between. Let's be frank about this one. Abu Dhabi is not a budget destination. It aims and continues to aim for the high flyer, and especially the business traveller. With it's cultural ambitions as a tourist destination, and the new hotels coming to market, most are pitched at 4 or 5 star rather than at 3 or 2 start. That said, there are a few hotels worth staying at, if you are aiming to spend your time away from your hotel, and just using the bed to crash and shower to clean.
Below is a selection of good budget hotels in the Abu Dhabi city centre area. Due to UAE’s recent popularity, Abu Dhabi is fast becoming a favourite place to visit next to Dubai. Despite Abu Dhabi being larger then neighbouring Dubai, it does have fewer hotels and picking up deals can be hard. However this is soon to change and already, many new hotels are opening to cater for the capital’s rising demand.
Visiting Abu Dhabi may not necessarily be a cheap holiday option. But if you are on a shoestring, you can find digs that are decent in order for you to have a good time. The hotels listed below may not have an onsite gym, pool and numerous fancy restaurants. But they provide a comfortable night’s sleep so you can enjoy the newly built Abu Dhabi Beach on the Corniche and vast entertainment outlets.
What you need to be aware of are the fact that there may be prostitutes in abu dhabi and some of abu dhabi's hotels. You can find reference to it elsewhere on the internet. We have tried to cover off places where they do not frequent, but sadly, nefarious activity can occur. We think that those listed below should be exempt from this; however we are not 100% confident. The hotels that have a a reputation for this are the Howard Johnson Diplomat, Abu Dhabi and the Al Diar Dana Hotel, Abu Dhabi. which are both in the city centre. This may change as time moves on and the authorities enforce penalties, but at the moment we are uncomfortable with recommending these hotels and thus these two hotels are not on our recommendation list. Here are the cheap hotels in Abu Dhabi that we do recommend:
1. Kingsgate Hotel Abu Dhabi 3* If you ever wondered what it was like to be treated like royalty – head to the Kempinski Emirates Palace for a taster. Renowned as the world’s classiest and costliest hotel, it has placed no limits on expensive marble, gold and stunning interiors. As well as the best conference centre in the region and a mammoth ballroom, the hotel boasts a 1.3km strictly private beach along with beautifully landscaped gardens. Yes, this is the hotel that cost $3bn to make - that's the most expensive hotel in the world.
Kingsgate Hotel Abu Dhabi
2. Grand Continental Flamingo Hotel Abu Dhabi 3* – Spacious clean rooms and bathrooms and centrally located. The décor does appear dated but this is a minor if you can get the hotel on a good rate which usually you can during the year. The only downer for some is that this is one of the few hotels that do not serve alcohol at its premises but there are so many in the area that do – you can easily dine elsewhere if you need to drink alcohol.
Grand Continental Flamingo Hotel Abu Dhabi
3. Park Inn Abu Dhabi 3* – A recently built hotel in the Yas lsland Marina area. Service and staff are friendly and the hotel has its own shuttle service to the city centre (20 mins) running numerous times during the day. The hotel has recreational facilities such as tennis courts, swimming pool and kids play area and the restaurants are well recommended. An excellent value hotel.
Park Inn Abu Dhabi
4. International Rotana Inn Abu Dhabi 3* – Located in the heart of the city centre known as the Tourist Club. A dated hotel, however if you are looking for a clean comfortable room with a decent spread for breakfast this is it.
International Rotana Inn Abu Dhabi
5. Euro Hotel Apartments 2* – A 2 star hotel apartment style property situated close to the city centre. Has all the basic amenities and well kept kitchenette.
Euro Hotel Apartments, Abu Dhabi
6. Ramee Garden Hotel Apartments 2* – A decent, clean budget standard hotel with 1 and 2 bed apartments and studios. All rooms are equipped with basic kitchen amenities and fridges. Location is fantastic if you want to be in the heart of the city centre. All places of interest and business district will take no more then a 5-10 min taxi ride.
Ramee Garden Hotel Apartments, Abu Dhabi
7. Emirates Plaza Hotel 3* – A clean and simple hotel centrally located. Has the all the amenities you would expect from a budget hotel and centrally located. Please note, if you are after a peaceful quiet stay this may not be to your liking as there are numerous nightclubs in the building, all open during the week, so the noise may be an issue. You may want to enquire before you book.
Emirates Plaza Hotel, Abu Dhabi