Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, one of the best business hotels in Abu Dhabi
Business Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Why have a list for busines hotels in Abu Dhabi? Abu Dhabi has ambitions that place it as a business capital. And as the capital of the UAE, it has every right. In Dubai, there a heaps of hotels to choose from, but with a real push from ADNEC to make its exhibition centre a viable MICE venue, and with the Emirates Palace becoming an often surprising venue for high end events, Abu Dhabi is starting to ease itself into that business and corporate space. That's good - as an increase in hotel room overnight can be disastrous for a city if there is no demand. We have chosen to focus on the hotels that really exist for this purpose - ie to cater to the business traveller. Here are our top 10 business hotels in Abu Dhabi and our best corporate hotels in Abu Dhabi:
1. Vision Hotel For the long stay traveller a hotel apartment is perfect in Abu Dhabi and Vision Hotel Apartments are one of the best in terms of quality, service and ease of location. Reviewers have commented especially on the size of rooms and helpful manner and service of staff. Vision Hotel Abu Dhabi is located minutes away from the famous Tourist Club area where you’ll find many businesses and the famous Abu Dhabi Mall. It is a lively area and you’ll never fall short of somewhere to visit in the evenings! Another added benefit is the underground parking and valet service included. The hotel is superb value for money for a 4 star and especially viable if coming with a young family. There is a small pool and gym, but being so close to the Abu Dhabi Beach on the corniche – daily free visits to the beach are walking distance.
2. Aloft Hotel, Abu Dhabi – This newly opened hotel is probably most famous as being the first hotel in Abu Dhabi to make use of solar panels in order to heat 90% of its 408 rooms, restaurants and pool saving an enormous amount of energy. The hotel and its solar panels are built on top of the ADNEC Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre. So if visiting for business especially at the ADNEC, Aloft is ideal for location. The hotel is part of a new brand concept by the Starwood Group following a fresh and young feel from the subtle pop music you hear in the lobby to the funky but simplistic décor of the rooms. The theme is space and with this in mind all rooms are a generous size and height. Bathrooms are an add-on feature to the room and can be divided with a sliding door for privacy. Another bonus for the business traveller is the ample working area, free wifi, internet connection and Ipod docking station. Restaurant facilities include a Mai Café and Relax @12, two very trendy eateries along with a snack station and two bars with DJs. This hotel has been placed in the business section due to its facilities but most definitely would appeal to almost anyone who wants a fun, relaxing stay not too close to Abu Dhabi city centre which is a 20 min drive 15 mins to the Abu Dhabi Airport.
3. Holiday Inn – The somewhat trusted brand hotel has made an entry to Abu Dhabi and lapping up the positive commentary. Many regard it as one of the best business hotels in Abu Dhabi and also in particular, Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi to be the best chain in the world. It’s not in the heart of the city centre which can have benefits topmost being traffic and noise. It is perfect for those who need to be near the ADNEC and is a 10 min ride into Abu Dhabi city centre. Parking is available which not a norm for downtown hotels. Overall design of the hotel is a clean cut sleek design and all rooms are generous in size. Their restaurant Lemon Tree serves quality dishes and there is a trendy rooftop bar with outdoor covering when it gets really hot. Business services are great and staff are very helpful.
Holiday Inn , Abu Dhabi
4. Intercontinental Abu Dhabi – This hotel exists in our top hotels in Abu Dhabi category and should also be mentioned as a superb business hotel. Aside from its fine quality of rooms and service, its location is great. It sits on the other side of the city centre along the corniche, but you are away from the noise of the small shops that give Abu Dhabi its unique character. A drive to the business district should take no longer then 5 mins depending on traffic. However after a full days slogging at the office you can retreat the Intercontinental’s private, uncrowded beach and in the AM make use of its huge range of gym equipment. For retail distraction head to Marina Mall, less then a 5 minute drive.
Intercontinental Abu Dhabi
5. Fairmont Bab al Bahr – Another hotel that appears in our top hotels in Abu Dhabi but is also appropriate as a business hotel especially if you require to be near the ADNEC which is less then a 10 minute drive. Abu Dhabi city centre is a 15 min by car. As with the Fairmont brand, you certainly get top quality when it comes to room décor, amenities and service. The restaurants serve great food and breakfasts are satisfying indeed.
Fairmont Bab al Bahr , Abu Dhabi
6. Beach Rotana, Abu Dhabi – Well located in the heart of Abu Dhabi city centre, the Beach Rotana was one of the first hotels in Abu Dhabi therefore prides itself on experience and style which is constantly updated. There are a range of fine dining restaurants and freebies in your room such as fruit platters. There is a private beach and gym and the hotel sits next door to Abu Dhabi Mall with its own private entrance…very VIP. Time to ADNEC is about 15 min drive.
Beach Rotana Hotel, Abu Dhabi
7. One to One – The Village Hotel – An interesting layout of a hotel where a cluster of rooms make a block and a number of these blocks make up the hotel or The Village. Makes a change to the bog standard high rise and each block has its own communal lounge area and rooftop pool. The premium rooms appeal more to the business traveller with ample space. A number of great restaurants within the Village and friendly yoga classes available especially to unwind after a tough day. Located off Salaam Street (Banking District) which is in Abu Dhabi City Centre.
One to One – The Village Hotel , Abu Dhabi
8. Cristal Hotel – The Cristal offers the business settings as well as the location, being very centrally located. With all of the main locations only 5 minutes away, you can’t go wrong with this location. This hotels feels more boutique than cattle market and as this is not focused on the family market, you are unlikely to be much bother.
Cristal Hotel , Abu Dhabi
9. Sheraton Hotel & Sheraton Khaldiya – The Sheraton Abu Dhabi is essentially a really good all round hotel. Why it excels is because of service – from the restaurants to the manager to the bellboys. You’d be comfortable doing business here or staying here as part of a business trip. Sheraton Khaldiya is centrally located and would be good for a longer stay.
Sheraton Hotel Abu Dhabi
Sheraton Khaldiya Abu Dhabi
10. Le Royal Meridien – You get the feel that Le Royal Meridien means business as soon as you enter the lobby. It’s got a kind of grown up air to it that makes it stand out a little compared to some of the pretenders. It’s mature yet trendy, elegant and refined, and one of our recommended hotels for business
Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi Hotel