Budget hotels in Abu Dhabi are a good option if you want to spend your money on doing things rather than on your room! Here, we have listed 8 of our favourite hotels which meet value for money with no compromise on standard of rooms, service and friendliness of staff and display a real five star feeling in terms of style, quality of facilities and dining. If you are on a budget, but still want a level of quality to your trip, these are probably the ones to consider, if you can't make it to the next bracket of staying at one of the best of one of the luxury hotels in Abu Dhabi. Three of our favourites are in Yas Island, a huge development project which continues to be build. The Yas Island Circuit hosts the Formula One Grand Prix and will soon feature the world’s first Ferrari Theme park, a Warner Bros movie world, multitude of malls, entertainment complexes and apartments and villas. If you stay at Yas Island and fancy heading into the city centre it will be a 20/30 minute taxi or shuttle bus ride. Head to the magnificent Grand Mosque, about 15 minutes by taxi with public tours taking place every morning except Fridays. A visit to Dubai will take 45 minutes by car. If you are on even more of a budget, then you should check out our other list. These hotels will give you quality and make your trip to Abu Dhabi a particularly pleasant one, even if you don't get to stay in a palace!
1. Holiday Inn Situated in the city centre, this newly built chain of hotels is regarded as one of the best looking Holiday Inn’s in the world with service quality to match! Due to its convenient location this hotel would suit a business traveller or someone who is not concerned about on site beach. There is a roof top swimming pool and bar, gym and kids play activities available. There is one restaurant, café and bar however as you are in the downtown area – there is a wide selection of eateries elsewhere to explore. An added benefit of this hotel is parking for 200 cars which is free for hotel guests.
2. Cristal Hotel – Located conveniently in the heart of Abu Dhabi and amongst the busy streets of the city. Abu Dhabi Mall, the corniche, Marina Mall and main business district areas are about a 5-10min taxi ride. Rooms are generous in size and the hotel is not extremely huge, about 200 rooms so does not feel overly busy at breakfast! This hotel ticks all the boxes for a business traveller however if coming with family you may feel the pool is small, there is no kids play area and due to its fantastic downtown location there is no on site beach, however the corniche is a 5 min drive away. This hotel is superb value for money, has quality décor and aims to provide 5 star quality for 4 star prices.
3. One to One Hotel – The Village – The unique design of this hotel divides clusters of 6-8 guestrooms as one block, each sharing its own pool and communal lobby area. The overall look feels like a village community setting and golf buggies transport you to your guestblock. The rooms offered are standard, superior, deluxe, junior suite, deluxe suite and executive suite. Interior furnishings are of great quality with a contemporary look. Location is about 3km or 20 minute taxi ride to the mall and shopping areas and 12km to Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre. The hotel is situated in a quiet part of the city which is a bonus if you want the peace and quiet.
One to One Hotel – The Village
4. Radisson Blu Hotel Yas Island – A well designed hotel 20 minutes away from Abu Dhabi city centre in the newly developed Yas Island complex. The hotel has 400 rooms which are spacious and trendy modern with huge beds and beautiful linen. Great standard of restaurants and room service meals. Beautiful pool with superb views of the golf course and kids pool with play area available.
Radisson Blu Hotel Yas Island
5. Traders Hotel Qaryat Al Beri Abu Dhabi – If you desire luxury, private beach and relaxation but on a budget, head to Traders at the Qaryat Al Beri. The hotel is built on a private beach complex neighbouring it’s owner, the famous five star Shangri La hotel and a newly built souk. Access to the complex is by a club car or abra. A trip to downtown will take 15 min via taxi. This is a recently opened hotel and service has been reviewed as top class. This is a medium size hotel with 300 rooms and modern amenities such as gym, pool. Dining options are vast with Chinese, Vietnamese and French on offer. The only small niggle is that it is in a remote location so daily trips to the city centre may prove difficult. However for isolation on a budget – this is the perfect choice.
Traders Hotel Qaryat Al Beri Abu Dhabi
6. Crowne Plaza Yas Island – A newly built modern hotel which is proving to be great value for money when compared to similar hotels in Abu Dhabi city centre. The simplistic yet funky style of all 428 rooms give an airy feeling and all have generous sized working areas. The hotel prides itself on its part shaded swimming pool area and state of the art gym and squash courts. The hotel is perfect for business travellers with 10 meeting rooms and boasts a brilliant Lebanese restaurant.
Crowne Plaza Yas Island
7. Yas Island Rotana – Another new hotel in the Yas Island complex, is slightly smaller with around 300 rooms and suites. The service at this hotel has been described as faultless and rooms described as spacious and cosy. There is an outdoor pool along with kids pool, a gym, tennis courts and massage treatment rooms. Three main restaurants to choose from aswell as a trendy bar and poolside café.
Yas Island Rotana
8. Eclipse Boutique Hotels – If you require a little more space in your stay and perhaps a living room, an apart- hotel will complete your trip. We added this hotel to our luxury with a budget as it combines hotel elegance and apartment – hotel space. Situated in the city centre near the business district and popular malls, it will serve the long stay business traveller and families who want to be close to entertainment facilities. There is an asian fusion restaurant, gym and spa. At times, prices may be comparable to 5 star hotels but if its space you require then this is a good deal.
Eclipse Boutique Hotels