The recently opened Atlantis is vying for attention, but Wild Wadi is still a long family favourite day out and is suitable for babies as well as preschoolers, teens and adults.
If you want to take the family to Wild Wadi and enjoy a leisurely time in the waves then go to Breakers Bay. If you are more of a daredevil and want to actually ride the waves the Wipe-out & Riptide is where to take your board. This is just as challenging as riding the surf on the ocean. For a more relaxing experience, journey on the tubes in the Wild Wadi ride flowing with the current in the river. Juha's Journey will lazily guide you down the river while you relax from the day of hard playing on the slides. You could also relax on the Flood River at the bottom of the flow riders. There are surges of water that come through at 100,000 litres at once. There is nothing like gently rocking on the tubes and hopefully you do not fall asleep while relaxing. For the thrill seekers there is the ultimate Jumeirah Sceirah drop at 80kms per hour, seriously not for the faint hearted!
For the tiny tots, there is a wave pool and themed water park where children and parents can just chill. All in all a good day spent with many fun things to do.
Points of Note -
When - Opening times vary throughout the year so please check their website. As a rough guide, the park normally is open from 10am - 6pm during the cooler season and extends to 8pm during the warmer months. Additionally during July, every Friday the park is open till 10pm and during August 2011 for Ramadan, the park will open from midday to 12pm every Friday and Saturday. How long - If you just want to relax and enjoy the waves then 2 hours will fit the ticket. In order to experience the full park you should be prepared to spend the entire day.Location - In Jumeriah just past the Jumeirah Beach Hotel you will find the water park.Cost - Adult (taller then 1.1 metres) AED 205 and Sun Downer is AED 170, Children (under 1.1 metres) AED 165 and Sun Downer 135; Entry is free of charge for children less than 2 years of age. Sun Downer is entry to the park 2 hours before closing time. More info - www.jumeirah.com/en/Hotels-and-Resorts/Wild-Wadi/ +971 4 3484444
- Wild Wadi is a water park with many slides for going down so make sure that you wear the proper swimwear and not street clothes. Swimwear is meant to cover you up and not leave anything exposed or to be transparent.
- If you enjoy foot long hotdogs then make sure to stop at Ali's BBQ where the mouth watering food is served hot and fresh.
- If you want to stay in close vicinity to Wild Wadi then book a room at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel. Go through the gates and you get complimentary access to the theme park.
- Ladies Day at Wild Wadi changes frequently, but normally held on a Thursday evening where the park will also shut an hour earlier for the ladies. Please check beforehand. Ladies day is what it is - ladies only - some of whom are in their abayas going down the slides.
- Be sure to make use of the payment wristband, where instead of carrying cash around all day you can pay for food and drink via your wristband which you credit at the start of the day.