Experience the Chicken Shawarma
Our Dubai Favourite Shawarma Joints:
- Satwa, Dune Centre, Sidra (04 345 3044). If you love mezze, you’ll love the generous pot sizes of creamy hummus, moutabbal and tabouleh. The bread is baked fresh and warm and the shawarmas are good. Not a great place to sit and eat, but fab for a takeway. Open late.
- Al Diyafah Road, Al Mallah (04 398 4723) Head here if you crave a quick shawarma. The chicken and lamb are so tender and very reasonable on price. Again, better order this one ‘to go’ and eat on the pavement as you’ll find more entertainment outdoors then indoors. Open late.
- Sheikh Zayed Road, Saj Express. Hunger satisfying shawarmas made on their freshly baked bread give the traditional snack a strong thumbs up. The fresh juices are to die for. Open late. (04 321 1191)
- Also on Sheikh Zayed Road, Zaatar W Zeit. An alternative to the shawarma snack is the manakish. Try the labneh topping which closely resembles soft cheese, but more satisfying. If you really are a dairy lover, wash it down with some labneh salty yogurt drink. Such comfort food! (04 343 1259)
- Al Barsha, Byblos Hotel, The Deck. If you fancy eating and sitting but not blow the wallet, this open air eatery is perfect with its lounge style seating serving shisha, shawarma and most Lebanese delights. (04 448 8000)
- Jumeirah, Al Wasl Road, Oasis, A basic eatery that is popular with the beach crowd. The shawarmas hit the spot and the juices refreshing. Prices are so good they’ll leave you smiling or wishing you bought more. (04 394 9353)