There are some obvious restrictions with regard to customs in any country, but it would make sense to take note in the UAE, as the penalties can be harsh.
- Firearms, weapons, ammunition, replica, guns, toy guns
- Alcoholic beverages, including expensive wine collections
- Narcotics and drugs, including dried poppies
- Items made from endangered animals
- Anything made from ivory
- Wireless transmitters and communication equipment
- All items of Israeli origin
- Counterfeit money
- Erotic statues or objects
- Anything offensive to Islam
- Pornographic, political and religious material offensive to the UAE
- Pig meat
- All printed matter, books, pictures, records, films, tapes, slides, movies, videos, CDs, software are subject to censorship, and confiscation, and must be packed easily for easy access.
Prohibited items can be destroyed without the customer's consent. In some cases, they will be held for a fee, until you leave the country.